How to reassign domain to different user when domainmodule on

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by radim_h, Nov 18, 2014.

1. radim_h

radim_h Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,
    sometimes i need to reassign site to different user. This is not a big problem, but then i cannot change any settings on webiste, as i'm using domainmodule and domain is assigned to different user

i can edit table domain in ISPC databse (actually have to edit table domain on all servers databases in multiserver setup) which is really anoying.

What can i do to have domain assign editable for admin in menu Client->Domains
    as on picture http://mixx.org/pic/ispcdomainmodule.jpg ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This will be possible in 3.1

3. radim_h

thanks for info..

so there is no way, to resync "domain" table to all servers now ?

May be good to add domain table to Sync tools, as there is long way to 3.1..

Regards
    RH

4. radim_h

let me ask one more question, please

in table edomain, there is always sys_perm_user="riud" byt sys_perm_group is sometimes "ru" and sometimes also "riud"

what those fileds means? and why is there this difference?
    i dont see any pattern .. all domains was added under admin as there is no way to do it otherwise..

5. till

The domain table is used by the master server only and only the interface o the master reads in that table, so it makes no sense to add it to the sync tool as there is no target were it could be synced to as the only place were it is used is the interface of the master.

6. till

These fileds are the permissions of the record, this works similar to Linux permissions, jsut that we ahe a insert and update permission as separate options instad of a write permission.

r = read
    i = insert
    u = update
    d = delete

the websites with "ru" permissions are created by the admin and not by a client. A website that has been created by the admin shall not be deletable by the client, therefor the d and i permissions are removed from the group.

7. radim_h

Thanks, now i understand it bit more...
    Suppose this behaviour for web_domain cannot be turned off to allow users delete site even created by admin?

This works similary also with DNS records, when admin creates record, user can not even see it, be happy to turn this also off .)

Anyway- originally i was not asking about "web_doman" table,
    but about "domain" table. Domains are always added by admin, so i'm wondering why same of them have sys_perm_group ru and some ruid?

8. till

No, thts hardcoded. But as admin you can use the "login as client" function to become the client user, webs that are created then dont fall under this lock.

This function is also avialble to resellers, whch are a special kind of clients. so the admin is not theonly one which can access the records in the client module.