How to reconfigure ISPConfig 3 services without uninstalling ?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Edouard HINVI, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Edouard HINVI

Edouard HINVI New Member

Hi,

I tried to install iRedMail on my server on which ISPConfig was already installed and I ended up with a totally not reaching server. :(
    All my websites are unreachable, and even when I type my IP address in a browser, I get an ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error. /etc/init.d/apache2 status shows that apache2 is active but exited. It seems like the install script of iRedMail modified my apache2 configuration files. I have also lost my MySQL databases. Fortunately, I made a backup of my /var/lib/mysql directory before. But I do not know how to restore from this directory. A simple mv of the backup did not do the trick. As I always have all my websites in the /var/www directory, I would like to know whether I could reconfigure completely ISPConfig services without uninstalling and without losing any data.

Best,

Edouard.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

run an update and choose yes when the updater asks if the services shall be reconfigured.

3. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

related question: my ISPCFG3 is running just fine but I selected not to reconfigure the services with the latest update and now letsencrypt isn't working. How do I reconfigure the services without waiting for the next update?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

See release notes, the procedure is described at the end of each release note.

5. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

ah, I see, that worked.
    I wasn't aware that there was a difference between:
    php -q update.php
    and
    ispconfig_update.sh