How to setup an anti-spam, anti-virus gateway in port level?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by wenyong, Feb 10, 2006.

1. wenyong

wenyong New Member

Hi,

I have Merak Email server at home to handle my wife's email domain and my email domain. Our email server keep getting lots of spam! But, I try not to change the Merak email server because it comes with the webmail like exchange server, but I can configure two domain in one computer. I can't do that in Exhange server. So, problem is that I want to get the anti-spam or anti-virus gateway on port level to filter the port 110 for spam. The best thing will be something that can sit between the dsl modem and the router. That way, it will filter virus, spam, spyware, pop up before it gets into the router. I know D-link will have SecureSpot. However, you need to pay for each computer. I want a linux machine can do that. Anyone has setup such here? Thanks! =)

Best regards,

Ken Wu

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I don't think it's a good idea to place something between the modem and the router.
    Is this Merak mail server installed on a Linux system? If so, you could use procmail recipes to do the spam and virus filtering. This tutorial can give you some hints how to do it: http://www.howtoforge.com/howto_spamassassin_clamav_procmail