How to setup Ispconfig for remoting !!!

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by brainz, May 18, 2006.

1. brainz

brainz Member

Hi all,

Yes i have the latest version of ispconfig installed and the remoting addon install but my question is where do i go from here ???

In other words is there and doc or info i can look at with regards to setting up and using the remoting options in ISPconfig.

Any help would be much aprechiated...however you spell it hehe

regards
    brainz :):cool:

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

There's a file with lots oh examples in the remoting plugin. Have a look at that, and you should understand how it works. :)

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

We will release some more detailed instructions with the final version of the remoting framework.

The general steps are:

1) Install the remoting framework in ISPConfig.
    2) Go to tools, there is a new menu item in the left menu for the remoting framework. There you must create a new user for the remoting framework and specify the permissions which operations are allowed for this remoting user.
    3) Download the file with the remoting example PHP code, replace the username and password in the example code with the username and password you created. Now you can try some of the example functions to become familar with the framework.

4. Betialai

Betialai New Member

The remoting is the tool we must use if we want to add sites/users/resellers from an application like OsCommerce?

That is, if I use OsCommerce to sell my plans *and* I configure those plans within ISPConfig, when a visitor buys a plan he can fill a form with the necessary fields that will be transfered to ISPConfig and it will create automatically the site and customer information?

5. falko

Yes, that is correct. But you must have ISPConfig-dev installed, the remoting plugin does not work with the stable version yet.

6. brainz

brainz Member

Hi Guys Just a Quick one.....

I have version 2.3.0 ispconfig up and running and i followed the remoting install and changed the details in the test.php and uncommented the items as well and setup a remote user but i get thei when i call up the test.php

Error: Client: no records found

This sounds like a reseller has no clients thing..... Would i be correct in saying this...

regards
    brainz ;):cool:

7. falko

What's in test.php?

8. brainz

brainz Member

Hi falko,

With the test.php it is basically the standard download with the required detail that need changing like

PHP:
    // Insert here your 42go Server
    $server_url "https://www.baktim.com:81";
    and

PHP:
    // Username and Password of the remoting user (not identical
    // with the user to log into the web interface!)

$parameters = array('user' => 'remoting username',

'pass' =>  'remoting user password');
    remoting username = admin
    remoting user password = ******* <----- same as the remoting admin setup in ispconfig

and then i uncommented all the options in test.php

regards

and

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats the problem.

This are all examples, uncommenting all will result in nothing then a heap of code ;)

The test.php file is a list of all available functions, you will have to write your own code or at least select one or more functions to execute with the parameters you need.

10. brainz

brainz Member

So till,

I either uncomment just one or more but not all functions in test.php or write my own code to suit my needs....

regards