How to turn off SPAMTAG for emails sent to yourself

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by martinhe, Jan 17, 2022.

1. martinhe

martinhe Member

Hi, please, how do I turn off spamtag for emails I deliver to myself within my domain? I send mails between my inboxes within the domain and it still gives me spamtags, it's annoying.

However, tags should remain from other recipients. I can still get advice, if it didn't work out, on localhost, but I guess that's not appropriate.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Or simply fix the reason that it is marked as spam... You can check the headers of that mail and see why it is marked as spam.

3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Agreed, look into why it's marked as spam in the first place, starting with checking if it was sent using authentication. I'd probably setup spf/dkim/dmarc, and then whitelist the sender domain based on dkim or dmarc success. Are you using amavis or rspamd?

4. martinhe

martinhe Member

It makes razor from spamassasin, probably the cloumark. None of the big players use it, and I don't care either.

I refuse to deal with pofider blacklists, which they usually just blindly copy from another blacklist. E.g. hotmail blocks my server just because someone else at another IP address, from another server, near my IP address is spamming and banning the entire range. :-D

The average reaction time of a blaclist is half a year and I refuse to solve anything with any blacklist.

In short, please get a tip on how to turn it off.

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do you mean you're getting hits for the mail you send in the razor database and you believe that is why mail from one mailbox to another mailbox is being marked as spam? That is not likely the source of your issue for numerous reasons. And razor is not an ip blacklist so your concerns about that are additionally misguided.
    Set 'use_razor2 0' in your spamassassin config and restart amavis.