How to upgrade database

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by andrejchy, Dec 24, 2008.

1. andrejchy

andrejchy New Member

What do you suggest to me?
    I have upgradet ISPconfig (from 2.2.23 to 2.2.28). by method described on the page: Please follow the installation instructions, the installer
    recognizes older ISPConfig versions and performs an update
    automatically.

But there is one problem...i have type different database name.
    What do you suggest me to do now? I don't care about the data in the base....but atleast I would like to clean up the mess ().
    Any suggestions?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The ispconfig updater does not change the database name as it does not even ask for a name when its in update mode. I guess you run the setup more then once without recretaing the /root/ispconfig folder.

You can fix this by changing the database name in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php to the new database name and then update ispconfig again.

3. andrejchy

andrejchy New Member

Thanks for the replay.
    But if I understand you right, that means, that database from version 2.2.23 to 2.2.28 has not changed.
    But still I don't understand what I did wrong, that I was not in update mode. Can you maybe give me the direct link to the page where is described how can I perform an ISPconfig update.

Thanks again for the replay!

4. commentator

commentator Member

5. andrejchy

andrejchy New Member

Well yeah that's what thay say, but in my case that didn't happened. I was upgrading from 2.2.23 to 2.2.28. The main ispconfig folder is different now...maybe that was the reason for error?

But now I have done what till has said, but I am afraid it will lide to another problem. Cause new version has 2 more bales in database.

I am dissapointed with ISPconfig.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 2 can never be installed in a different folder! ISPConfig uses always the folders /root/ispconfig and /home/admispconfig, this is hardcoded, so you could not have changed that.

If you woul say what exactly you did, we would be able to help you. The update of ispconfig is really easy.