How to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1b

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by maxxer, Jun 16, 2016.

1. maxxer

maxxer Member

Hi.
    What's the suggested way to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1b? Download branch stable-3.1 (either via ZIP or git clone) and run the upgrade script from there?

Is there any blocker bug? I'd like to upgrade my small server running very few domains, I'd just like not to break everything while give a serious try to the newer version! :)

thanks

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, see bottom of http://www.ispconfig.org/blog/ispconfig-3-1-beta-released-testing/ for exact commands.

https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig..._desc&state=opened&utf8=✓&milestone_title=3.1

Probably depends on your requirements, but there aren't any major things that I know of; @till mentioned having a few sites testing 3.1 in production for a while (couple months?). Might watch for bug 3966 on multi-server setups, but sounds like you don't have that: https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/issues/3966 A lot of small issues are being found/fixed almost daily, and as with any beta software, you may discover the next major issue, but it's pretty good right now. ;)

till likes this.
  3. maxxer

maxxer Member

Hi. Thanks for reply, I'm already watching gitlab occasionally so I'm aware of the issues tagged with 3.1, but afaik not all of them are. Anyway I'll give it a run in the next days!

4. maxxer

maxxer Member

I've had some issues after upgrade. The most urgent one is postfix, apparently not happy with MySQL configuration.
    This line, added after the upgrade, points to a non existent file:
    Code:
    sender_bcc_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_outgoing_bcc.cf
    I added an email routing rule and it's not used by postfix, mails are rejected. I've filed 3971 for this. Also there are warnings, but I guess they're unharmful:
    Code:
    Jun 17 09:39:45 postfix/smtpd[2506]: warning: table "mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_client.cf": empty query string -- ignored

Another big issue is amavis: when trying to deliver a mail:
    Code:
    status=deferred (connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10026: Connection refused)
    but I cannot figure out who should listen to 10026. I found references in amavisd.conf and they're uncommented, but still mail doesn't flow

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

My updates on Debian went flawlessly. Which OS do you use? And did you choose to reconfigure services during update, whch is nescessary to adjust the configuration.

6. maxxer

maxxer Member

CentOS7. Maybe I missed service reconfig, but cannot recall right now... Can I rerun upgrade and reconfigure services now?

7. till

amavis listens to 10026:

Code:
    tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:10023         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1469/postgrey.pid -
    tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:10024         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      32586/amavisd-new (
    tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:10025         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      32552/master
    tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:10026         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      32586/amavisd-new (
    tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:10027         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      32552/master

8. till

Yes, you can rerun the update. ensure that you chose git-stable in the ispconfig_update.sh command. There might be issues in CentOS 7 as ISPConfig 3.1 has not been tested yet on that Distribution.

9. maxxer

maxxer Member

Code:
    Reconfigure Services? (yes,no,selected) [yes]:

Configuring Postfix
    postalias: fatal: open /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases: No such file or directory
    Configuring Dovecot
    Configuring Spamassassin
    Configuring Amavisd
    Configuring Getmail
    Configuring BIND
    [INFO] haveged not detected - DNSSEC can fail
    Configuring Pureftpd
    Configuring nginx
    Configuring Apps vhost
    PHP Warning:  symlink(): No such file or directory in /tmp/update_from_dev_stable.sh.IkwWyqizR6/ispconfig3-stable-3.1-522bede75fce4a0e3a7d2c7eff1eee198b900a22/install/lib/installer_base.lib.php on line 2012
    Configuring Jailkit
    Configuring Bastille Firewall
    Configuring Database
    Updating ISPConfig

Further more:
    Code:
    Jun 17 10:27:21 ganesha clamd[6488]: Bytecode: Security mode set to "TrustSigned".
    Jun 17 10:27:26 ganesha amavis[6472]: (06472-01) (!)connect to /var/run/clamav/clamd.sock failed, attempt #1: Can't connect to a UNIX socket /var/run/clamav/clamd.sock: No such file or directory
    Jun 17 10:27:26 ganesha amavis[6472]: (06472-01) (!)ClamAV-clamd av-scanner FAILED: run_av error: Too many retries to talk to /var/run/clamav/clamd.sock (All attempts (1) failed connecting to /var/run/clamav/clamd.sock) at (eval 131) line 613.\n
    Jun 17 10:27:26 ganesha amavis[6472]: (06472-01) (!)WARN: all primary virus scanners failed, considering backups

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  10. maxxer

maxxer Member

can someone with a working installation of 3.1b post the content of main.cf, master.cf and amavis config? I'm unable to fix mail delivery :/

11. commentator

commentator Member

add # before "AllowSupplementaryGroups true" in /etc/clamav/clamd.conf and then:
    /etc/init.d/clamav-daemon restart

12. maxxer

maxxer Member

I don't have that file. And /etc/clamav.d/amavisd.conf doesn't contain that statement

13. Jesse Norell

That was a debian bug.

14. Jesse Norell

Curiously/coincidentally I had an issue with that file as well on a web server node, iirc the file permissions were wrong so postfix couldn't read it (and I also didn't have postfix-mysql installed on that server, but that error showed up after fixing the first). The file did exist, though. I thought (and am still inclined to think) that I just messed something up on that particular server; the mail server node did not have that issue.

15. maxxer

maxxer Member

Revamping this thread up. First of all thanks to @till for testing and creating a great howto.
    But I was testing DKIM today and I cannot figure out how it works. In the past I manually configured some postfix servers to use opendkim for signing, but from what I can see in the howtos published so far this is not a requirement. But I did a test with port25 auth check and mails don't get signed. Is this not (yet?) documented, or my upgraded setup has something wrong?
    thanks

16. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

We are using amavis to sign mails with dkim. Create or import your dkim-key in a mail-domain and publish the public-key in your dns and/or check your dns if you import your existing key.

17. maxxer

maxxer Member

I did everyting, but port25 test says mail is not signed.

I checked /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf and it seem not to contain dkim mapping for the domain:
    Code:
    $enable_dkim_verification = 1;
    $enable_dkim_signing = 1; # load DKIM signing code
    $signed_header_fields{'received'} = 0;  # turn off signing of Received
    @dkim_signature_options_bysender_maps = (
    { '.' => { ttl => 21*24*3600, c => 'relaxed/simple' } } );
    1;  # insure a defined return

And even after manually adding the configuration amavisd was unable to start, because /var/lib/amavis/ was owned by root:root and 660.

After these changes dkim signing worked fine.

18. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Which OS?

19. maxxer

maxxer Member

CentOS 7.2

20. till

Maybe you missed to select "reconfigure services" during ISPConfig update? I have a CentOS 7.2 server here and dkim signing is enabled in amavisd.conf. And the amavisd template in the ispcobnfig sources also contans:

$enable_dkim_verification = 1;
    $enable_dkim_signing = 1; # load DKIM signing code
    $signed_header_fields{'received'} = 0; # turn off signing of Received
    @dkim_signature_options_bysender_maps = (
    { '.' => { ttl => 21*24*3600, c => 'relaxed/simple' } } );