How to Upgrade Webalizer Stats??

Discussion in 'General' started by Code5, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Code5

Code5 New Member

Hi people, just wondering if anyone can guide me on how to upgrade my Webalizer 2.01 to 2.20-01 on Ubuntu Server with ISPConfig ?

Also what other stats are available for ISPConfig? Any chance somebody can make a proper installation package of AWstats, so it works properly as the one that is knocking about on here is very poor and the html pages it creates are rubbish.

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. Code5

Code5 New Member

I have ran apt-get update, and apt-get upgrade, but Webalizer is still at the wrong version.

or do i have to do a manual "apt-get webalizer update" ??

Im such a noob at Linux at the moment. :)

4. daveb

daveb Member

under ubuntu webalizer is "version 2.01.10-32.1" If you want the newest you will probably have to remove your ubuntu webalizer package then dl the source then make and install.

5. JeGr

JeGr Member

daveb's right. The Ubuntu package maintainer of the webalizer package hasn't yet released a new version of that package. Don't mistake the release of any software with the release of a package for your specific distribution. The maintainers have to build a new package before you can install it in your distro.
    Although webalizer is quite easy to compile yourself, if you consider yourself such a "noob" you perhaps want to wait until a new package is available :)

6. Code5

Code5 New Member

Cheers. I might change it.

As for me calling myself a noob, im not really a noob, just not used to the directory locations and command syntax yet.