How would I add a custom input box?

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by Yarnell, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Yarnell

Yarnell Member

Hey all,

I have a quick question. Does anyone know how I would go about adding a custom input box in the "Add new client" section? What files would I need to alter in order to make this happen? I'd like to add a box for my registrar's api keys.

Happy new year, stay safe.

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Add a database column, add it to the tform in interface/web/client/form, and add it to the html template in interface/web/client/templates, and eventual translations to interface/web/client/lib/lang/XX_client.lng (where XX is the lang code, so for english, en).

The changes to the files will be lost when updating (your database column will not be lost unless ISPConfig starts to use the same name for a column), so you will have to add them again manually.

3. Yarnell

Yarnell Member

Awesome. thanks again :)
    One more question. In the system > server config > web section I am able to add the [client_id] & [website_id] place holders in the Website path. I can imagine that this scheme would get quite confusing when dealing with alot of websites. Is there anyway to add [website_domain] as a placeholder. I tried it but it didn't work.

4. Th0m

No, but you can use [CLIENTNAME]

5. Yarnell

Yarnell Member

ok great, that should help make things easier. would that be the username or the first name field?

6. Th0m

The username field.

7. Yarnell

Yarnell Member

thanks again Th0m. much appreciated. I'm sure I'll be back with some other questions... until then, enjoy your new year.

8. Th0m

No problem, thank you!