howto add these apache directives?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ovidiu, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

I need one folder i.e. /var/www/web1/web/folder/ to have these directives applied to:

btw. the subdomain folder.domain.com serves its files from this folder by an entryinside .htaccess using a rewrite.

can you give me some hints? maybe some parts of the directives are unnecesary? I am using a perfect debian 3.1 install with latest ispconfig.

2. omni

omni New Member

I ran into something like this yesterday, hopefully this fix works for you as well...

In IPSConfig, In the root of your intended site, at the bottom look for the ' Apache Directives (Optional)' box. Input the following.

Code:
    <Directory '/var/www/web2/web/gallery'>
       AllowOverride Options FileInfo
    </Directory>

Except change the directory path to the one you need. Then, make a .htaccess file with what you need (as you posted above).

3. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

I was not sure if I could input all that stuff above into the directives fields...

SO if I got you right, by inputting what you said in the directives field, I could then use this .htaccess I pasted above?

4. omni

omni New Member

from what I understand, yes.

and if it doesn't work... just delete the .htaccess and the apache directives and try something else.

5. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

I was just concerned about security, as this is a file uploading / sharing application, so I really wanted to use those directives inside a .htaccess file to turn php off for the uplaod folders...

btw. the rewrite stuff works inside the .htaccess its just these:

that give me errors if I put them inside .htaccess files.

I'll try your advice tomorrow, going to bed now.

6. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

somethign is wrong around here, do I have to cut away the ' ' around the path of the directory? I tried cutting them away, ispc saves my directive without error but when I go to test the site I am talking about, I get an 500 server error without modifying my .htassess file !? very strange, here is how my .htaccess looks like:

you see I commented out some lines and have it working without the directives. If I add in the directive you gave, using this same .htaccess it stops working...

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please have a look at the apache error log of the website to get a detailed error message for you 500 error.

8. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

ok, I enabled this line: Options -Indexes in the .htaccess and get 500 error

but this looks strange: why does it say www.zice.ro if the url I am trying to reach is filehosting.zice.ro?

ok, I just skipped these problems and uploaded an image, which went fine but when trying to view the uploaded image I get an error 500 too, but in the logfile it says error 404 ???

hmm... I think the problem might not be with these apache directives... I just took out this:
    and still the same errors...

Ok if someone wants to test, here is the link to the site: http://filehosting.zice.ro and I will attach the .htaccess files here for reviewing. Currently I have only this directive inside my apache directive field in ispc:
    as this subdomain is part of a bigger thing that needs this directive.

The bigger thing is handling all subdomains via wildcard domain, only filehosting is excluded and it seemed to work fine, but where do you think these 500 errors come from? why would there be a www.zice.ro not filehosting.zice.ro involved in the logfiles?

###edit###
    the main htaccess file is inside the root of this subdomain, the public one is inside the folder with public uploaded files and the userfiles one is inside the folder containing users files

###edit-again###
    commented these:
    out - now the public upload works, you see the thumbnails but the links to the original sized pictures doesn't work.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  9. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Is filehosting.zice.ro a Co-Domain of the www.zice.ro web site, or is it a web site of its own?

10. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

it is a subdomain which gets redirected via .htaccess to its own folder

but there is now www host, I dont use it and this domain doesn't even work with it, I never configured it anywhere...