Howto build RHEL Workstation MultiOS from CentOS / Scientific Linux

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by defcon3, Sep 9, 2009.

1. defcon3

defcon3 New Member

Hello,

In my first post I wish to express my gratitude for the numerous useful publications here.

My small donation cannot possibly cover the help howtoforge has given me and the support it continues to provide.

CentOS has been experiencing troubles with their governance, and trust has been damaged. However, both CentOS and Scientific Linux essentially offer the same: RHEL stripped from all branding and copyright logos.

For some time now, I have been trying to find a decent tutorial on how to build the same solid experience without all the branding and (mandatory) support from RHEL. I think it would be useful to have a tutorial guiding users how to build from CentOS/SL a clone of RHEL's Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop with Workstation and Multi-OS options?

Eventually, the user will be able to deploy multiple virtual guest OS over a solid-built linux platform. Updates will be available from the publicly accessible RPMfusion, ATrpms, etc and there will be no need for paid yearly subscription.

I am hoping people will see a valid point in my proposal and soon we will see something published at howtoforge!

Again, thank you for your awesome work and support.

Regards,
    John