Howto: Suhosin + Fedora Core 7 PHP 5.2.2

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by djcloudychamber, Sep 4, 2007.

1. djcloudychamber

djcloudychamber New Member

Hey everyone.. having a bit of a problem.
    I am trying to install Suhosin to harden my php deployment. I am using php version 5.2.2 I've downloaded the proper patch for my php version: suhosin-patch-5.2.2-0.9.6.2.patch.gz

I've modified the php.spec file to include the suhosin patches.
    When I run rpmbuild -ba php.spec to recompile PHP with the patch I get the following error:

/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.2/ext/pcre/php_pcre.c: In function 'php_pcre_match_impl':
    /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.2/ext/pcre/php_pcre.c:529: error: 'PCRE_EXTRA_MATCH_LIMIT_RECURSION' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.2/ext/pcre/php_pcre.c:533: error: 'pcre_extra' has no member named 'match_limit_recursion'
    /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.2/ext/pcre/php_pcre.c: In function 'php_pcre_replace_impl':
    /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.2/ext/pcre/php_pcre.c:972: error: 'PCRE_EXTRA_MATCH_LIMIT_RECURSION' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.2/ext/pcre/php_pcre.c:976: error: 'pcre_extra' has no member named 'match_limit_recursion'
    /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.2/ext/pcre/php_pcre.c: In function 'php_pcre_split_impl':
    /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.2/ext/pcre/php_pcre.c:1416: error: 'PCRE_EXTRA_MATCH_LIMIT_RECURSION' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.2/ext/pcre/php_pcre.c:1420: error: 'pcre_extra' has no member named 'match_limit_recursion'
    /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.2/ext/pcre/php_pcre.c: In function 'php_pcre_grep_impl':
    /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.2/ext/pcre/php_pcre.c:1681: error: 'PCRE_EXTRA_MATCH_LIMIT_RECURSION' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.2/ext/pcre/php_pcre.c:1685: error: 'pcre_extra' has no member named 'match_limit_recursion'
    make: *** [ext/pcre/php_pcre.lo] Error 1
    error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.94472 (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.94472 (%build)

ANY suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Did you include the Suhosin patch in the right location in php.spec?

3. djcloudychamber

djcloudychamber New Member

Suhosin Patch

Falko, thanks for the reply.
    Yes, I have suhosin declared in my php.spec file. Here are the relevant exerpts:

Source0: http://www.php.net/distributions/php-%{version}.tar.gz
    Source1: php.conf
    Source2: php.ini
    Source3: macros.php
    Patch0: php-5.2.2-suhosin.patch
    Patch1: php-5.1.4-gnusrc.patch
    Patch2: php-4.3.3-install.patch
    Patch3: php-5.0.4-norpath.patch
    Patch5: php-5.0.2-phpize64.patch
    Patch8: php-5.2.0-includedir.patch

%prep
    %setup -q
    %patch0 -p1 -b .suhosin
    %patch1 -p1 -b .gnusrc
    %patch2 -p1 -b .install
    %patch3 -p1 -b .norpath
    %patch5 -p1 -b .phpize64
    %patch8 -p1 -b .includedir

The error message seems to be only complaining about the php_pcre.c file. All the variables listed below are declared in the file. I'm going to try the latest ver. of php 5.2.4 and apply the latest suhosin patch. I'd really like to figure out what I'm doing wrong here though.