Howtoforge Debian prefect server ispconfig 3 - point /webmail to whole domain

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by alogoC, Sep 1, 2009.

1. alogoC

alogoC New Member

It's a very nice and useful tutorial...though i want to make my squirremail point to whole domain!

Example:

mail.mydomain.com/webmail

To be :

mail.mydomain.com

It's not very handy to have to put the /webmail in the end.I think it has to do with apache2 configuration...but i am a bit newbie to do it myself :eek:

If anyone could help...thanks! :)

2. matey

matey New Member

look under /etc and squirrelmail/config_default.php
    also when I used grep I got this;
    so I assume it is in the file /etc/squirrelmail/apache.conf

not sure tho I am a noob as well.
    good luck.

PS Always make a backup copy of the files you want to edit (first) and put them in your home directory for safe keeping.

3. m411b

m411b New Member

I did what you suggested matey but no change. Is there anything else I can do?

4. matey

matey New Member

No I am sorry I am not very good at the stuff, but may be someone else can help?
    F A L K O ??

He is the authority on these things around here :)
    I am not at work so I am stuck here with this windows machine :(
    Good Luck!

(but just thinking out loud):...
    There are few config files like apache or httpd.conf or etc.. plus the configuration files for webmail I know you can change your ports etc, and your question is really a valid 1 and I think it is related to your web services settings, cuz I have seen it happen before where you didnt not have to point to /webmail/ or whatever...
    this is really the way the web stuff is set up, they usually point to /var/www/ as the "root" drive, so may be changing directories would help? ( did that once but it did not work? again I am sure there is a config file some place where you can edit so it points to another folder (of the web stuff) as the root.

BTW, sometimes your browser takes stuff out of the cache , I am not saying that is whats happening but sometimes it happens and refreshing (F5) does not help!
    anyway sorry I could not help you.
    :(