HTTPS showing wrong website

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Kiggi, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Kiggi

Kiggi New Member

Hi there,
    I use one server for the newest version of ISPConfig on Ubuntu 18.04, Apache and MySQL.
    I have four domains running on my server. I need SSL encryption on two of these four domains. Therefore I activated SSL and Letsencrypt, created the certificates and now only one of the websites is shown on both domains.
    [first domain].com -> shows the correct content
    [second domain].com -> shows the content of first domain

I have already tried to debug this and tried the following:
    • creating a site with 000 in the front, in order to stop the wrong content from being shown (third domain works, fourth domain shows third's content)
    • enable SSL forall four domains and have SSL certificates generated
    Both things have changed nothing. I also looked on my Webmin panel and only for the two domains, which shows up correctly, there is a webserver listening on port 443. The other two only show up on port 80.

I get, that "this is the way that webservers work", however I am somewhat new to this and after 4 hours of trying to resolve the issue myself, I feel like I should probably ask for help.
    Thank you in advance for helping me! If you need any further explanation, I am happy to provide it.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Dont mix * and Ip in sites, use * for all sites in the IPv4 field.
    2) Enable SSL for all sites and take care that all sites have a valid SSL cert or that öet's encrypt is activated (and stays active, check again after a few minutes).

3. Kiggi

Kiggi New Member

Ok I rechecked the config and all sites were on * for IP and all have SSL and Letsencrypt activated.
    Created new SSL certificates for all websites and nothing changed.

4. Steini86

Steini86 Active Member

Use options -> resync -> websites
    See if you have any *.err files in /etc/apache2/sites-available