Https Webmail domain for Squirrelmail

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Up2NoGood, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Up2NoGood

Up2NoGood New Member

Good Morning All :)

I have a question that I hope someone can help with. I have just installed Debian 5 with ISPConfig 3 as the control pannel. I previously had Ubuntu 8.04 LTS with ISPConfig 2 that i was happy with but just wanted an upgrade.

I follwed this HOWO by Falko "The Perfect Server - Debian Lenny (Debian 5.0) [ISPConfig 3]"

Firstly may I say what a great HOWTO, worked first time with no errors.

Currently Squirrelmail is accessed by the normal: Http://yourdomain.co.uk/webmail

I would really want to access it via Https://webmail.yourdomain.co.uk please can someone point me in the right direction as i really dont want to mess around too much with the server configuration as i have just got it back up and running after a week of struggles with Ubuntu.

I look forward to hearing from you.

2. Antennipasi

Antennipasi Member

currently Ispconfig3 does not offer way to change domain document root, so i configured our horde manually. firs of all, you need ip-adress other than those used by Isconfig. then, of course, certificates. after you have setted prerequisites, create vhost-config in /etc/apache2/sites-available/, make symlink to it to /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ and restart apache.

you can look /etc/apache2/sites-available/default-ssl to help configuring vhost, make a copy of it and adjust values as Squirrelmail wants.

3. robilaur

robilaur New Member

4. robilaur

robilaur New Member

5. Antennipasi

Antennipasi Member

Robilaur and Up2NoGood allready found solution wich suited for their needs, but i want to explain why i did this like i did.

as you may ques, i have more than one ip-address. this frees me to reserve one to just smtp and webamail usage. for this ip-address i have proper reverse-dns, CaCert-certificate for TLS and https. all my clients have this ip/hostname as their mx. and because i have all these settings, mails send from this system does not get rejected nor automatically moved to trash-folder (Yahoo, Hotmail, BlueBottle, Google Mail for example).

our previous main server had Plesk in it, and clients had mx'es by their domain-name. we had lots of complains about missing stuff. we don't have endless amount of addresses, and we do not control reverses by ourselves, so this was kinda only choise to make things like they should be.