I deleted the server in ISPConfig --> Server Config

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by h4ns3n, Dec 6, 2015.

1. h4ns3n

h4ns3n New Member

The result is that I no longer have a server name, and no longer have a server under Server Services
    If you're wondering if I'm a noob. Yep. Just started playing around with ISPConfig.
    Steps to recreate my stupidity: in ISPConfig, go to system, server config delete the server by clicking on the little red delete button. Result: server deleted

Any ideas on how I can get it back? Seems a bit silly that I deleted it, but even sillier that I could.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There are several ptions.

a) Restore the dbispconfig database from a backup. If you run ispconfig for a longer time then you might have one in /var/backup as ispconfig creates a backup during updates.
    b) Reinstall ispconfig by using the uninstall script in the install folder of the ispconfig tar.gz file. But be aware that you will loose all settings in ispconfig. This might be the fastest option if you just strted to use ISPConfig.
    c) You can try to recreate the record manually in phpmyadmin e.g. by copying it from a second server with the exact same installation.

When you login as administrator user into a server control panel then you must have permission to administrate and delete everything on your server. When you are logged in as lower priveliged user (client or reseller) then you cant delete a server record off course.

3. h4ns3n

h4ns3n New Member

No... not using it long enough to have done a backup.

If I reinstall will, all my sites and domains be deleted?

Thought about it but I installed this on my only VPS.

Yes, I agree of course. I thought maybe just adding a note next to that delete button politely advising the admin not to do this would be helpful. Of course what was not mentioned is the reason I deleted the server. I was trying to chnage the name of the server and for the life of me, not matter what I did it just would not change. I tried every post on the forum advising /etc/host or /etc/hostname etc etc. Nothng worked, The server name just would not change. So I figured deleting it might help. Well it did :)

4. till

They will not be deleted but ispconfig will not be able to manage them anymore after the reinstall.

The hostname is configured in /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname, it gets applied after reboot. ISPConfig does not manage the hostname.

Which OS do you use and is this a nginx or apache server?

5. h4ns3n

h4ns3n New Member

I'll have to figure how to delete and then recreate them.

Sorry, should have given this info upfront :/ Debian Jessie, Apache server, softaculous and roundcube installed.

6. h4ns3n

h4ns3n New Member

I decided that it would be better to just reinstall the sites so that they are managed by ISPConfig. The question now now is can I just delete those domains sites and recreate them, or do I just recreate them in ISPConfig and will they be overwritten?

7. till

The safer option is to delete them manually in /var/www (or move them to another folder as backup).