I performed an 'ispconfig_update.sh' as a test...

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by snowweb, Aug 25, 2020.

1. snowweb

snowweb Member

I performed an ISPConfig update just so that I can be prepared for it when the next update arrives. I wanted to test it on my pre-production server, which I can easily roll-back to an earlier snapshot.
    On executing, I saw the following errors and was wondering if this is an issue I should fix? I accepted all default options, including [stable] branch. The script continued to the end gracefully.
    I have already performed a roll-back to pre-update state, but I'm trying to prepare for the upcoming release before I put this system into production and would like to fix the underlying cause of those errors before we upgrade it as a hot server.
    The install is as the Perfect Server guide for Ubuntu 18.04 and my existing ISPConfig is v3.1.15p3.

Your thoughts please gents!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you run the update as root user? To which version did you update as 3.1.15p3 is already the last version.

3. snowweb

snowweb Member

Yes, directly as 'root'. I didn't choose any version. I don't think there was an opportunity to do that. I just selected stable (non-git). I was really expecting it to return and tell me that I was already running the latest version to be honest, but since it didn't I just let it lead.

I'm just trying to make sure that we're set for a trouble free upgrade when it comes.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Then you probably downgraded the system, which explains the issue. I guess you had 3.1dev version before and downgraded to 3.1.15p3. That's the only combination which would give such an error plus no message that you run already the latest version.

5. snowweb

snowweb Member

You're correct. I looked in the wrong place for the version number. I took it from the news panel on the home screen. Should have looked under "Help", where it is shown as "ISPConfig Version: 3.1dev".

Okay. This is not a problem then. On the subject of updating though, Monitor > Server State indicates that there are upgrades available. Clicking on "more", shows that these are OS / App updates. Should I be installing those? There is no update button, so am I safe to update using CLI # apt-get dist-upgrade update ?

6. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If there are packages to upgrade, login through SSH and run
    Code:
    apt update
    apt upgrade

snowweb likes this.
  7. snowweb

snowweb Member

Great thanks. Looks like it went smoothly :)