I tried to add ispconfig ver 3 to Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, My

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by breauxlg, Aug 5, 2009.

1. breauxlg

breauxlg New Member

I tried to add ispconfig to my previous working install of Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Ubuntu 9.04) and now nothing works. I can't get the 8080 thing to work, my squirrelmail no longer works, my outlook connection to the postfix/courier server doesn't work. In phpmyadmin, I no longer see all of the mysql databases I had previously. Tell me I don't have to reload, please!!!!!!!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You will have to reload your setup. The tutorial Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier is not compatible with ispconfig. If you want to install ispconfig you have to follow the ispconfig installation instructions and not any other tutorial.

3. breauxlg

breauxlg New Member

Is it worth it?

Is ispconfig that much of a benefit over what I had before?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Befor you had a virtual user setup without interface and with ispconfig you have a complete hosting control panel with admin, reseller and client login as well as email policys, mail filters, autorespoinders etc. and web and dns server management.