I want to set up APF and BFD

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by domino, Aug 19, 2005.

1. domino

domino New Member

Is that possible without breaking ISPC? If there are no problems with the 2 and ISPC, stupid question alert.. IGNORE -->> what ports does ISPC use so we dont lock ourselves out?

edited the stupid question.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I think there should be no problems installing another firewall, but I've not tested it. First you have to disable the firewall in ISPConfig. ISPConfig uses Port81.

3. domino

domino New Member

Yes, I will disable the other FW first. I like APF and BFD because of the logs it sends me when it blacklists an IP. I'll post if I get them running.

I first have to figure you how to NOT lock myself out while using VMWare, like I did last time not long ago. :rolleyes:

4. domino

domino New Member

Advanced Personal Firewall, Brute Force Detection, chkrootkit, and rkhunter installed and running properly. Didn't manage to lock myself out this time. But who know, maybe the next time i reboot linux.. :eek:

5. gbjbaanb

gbjbaanb New Member

With APF you really need to read the bit in the readme about the DEVM flag.

Set it to 1 and it will turen the firewall off after 5 minutes, so you can test it's all working and you can still get in. Once you've proved that, you can set it back to 0.

APF and BFD and SIM and ... all the other projects Ryan wrote are brilliant, I cannot recommend them highly enough for a server.