ICANN Registration Data Reminder Policy?

Discussion in 'General' started by Taleman, Apr 7, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Recently some domainnames started to lead to ICANN announcement page about "This domain has been suspended due to non-completion of an ICANN-mandated contact verification."
    I have figured out what this is about (see links at bottom), but the problem is ICANN sends the verification e-mails to the domain owner, who have been trained to not click any links in strange e-mails. So nothing is done and the domain name servers are changed to
    Code:
    Name Server: NS1.EMAILVERIFICATION.INFO
    This causes the domain name being "suspended", trying to reach the web page leads to this page:
    http://54.38.220.85/
    How do other web hotel businesses deal with this issue? My idea is to change contact e-mail in the domain registration info to my own e-mail so I receive the reminder e-mails.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
  2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Yes, use another email but one that forward incoming mails to their emails and your email as domain admin, then while they may be ignoring it, you can act on it, whenever necessary.

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Things would be easier of ICANN sent the e-mail also to domain tech contact or admin address, that way I would at least know this verification is going on and pester the domain holder to look at inbox for the e-mail from [email protected]. Wish ICANN could come up with some less suspicious looking e-mail address as sender.

ahrasis likes this.