IDEs, web dev and graphic editng: software oasis

Discussion in 'Desktop Operation' started by jsabarese, Jun 8, 2006.

1. jsabarese

jsabarese New Member

hello. i'm looking for a place (if such a place exists), a web site where i might browse through-- categorically, visually w/ screenshots and brief descriptions (and ratings would be awesome! bonus!)-- so that i might begin to feel more 'at home' here w/ Linux.

an 'XP X-Patriot', i had a few much loved IDE's, vector imaging, and utilities for img sorting and manipulation-- general web work stuff which i yearn for some of those specialized functions, so i'd like to look for what's out there for Fedora Core 5.

I'm already comfortable getting around, but i find myself missing certain specific software, for very targeted applications-- the old 'Must-haves'... i need to find my new "must- have's"

;)

2. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

Well, for graphic manipulation you have gimp. Not quite as powerful as photoshop but already way more features I have ever used.

Regarding your other tools and stuff, you need to be more specific. I have seen there are vector graphic tools but never tried them

3. tshrinivasan

tshrinivasan New Member

IDE's web dev and graphic editng: software oasis

Hi.

Linux and windows are entirely different from conccept to application design.

ok.?

You can get a loads of applications what ever you need for from sourcefroge and freshmeat.

For every need there are several answers here.
    Only thing is we have to search, try a lot and choose which one is better for your need.

So, keep searching.
    Wishes.

4. latcarf

latcarf New Member

5. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

*bookmarked

That's a nice site :)

6. latcarf

latcarf New Member

np :)

now if I knew what and how to use better than 10% of what is listed I would be in good shape! :rolleyes: