if you are using ispconfig on x64 server

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by electroISP, Jan 2, 2007.

1. electroISP

electroISP New Member

just a couple of notes after what i have found, i have been using the perfect setup 10.2 suse for 32bit for a 64bit suse 10.2 installation, just a couple of tips to save you my torment.
    • add a local mirror for installation source will save you hours
    • when cut and pasting variables for conf files from tute make sure they are all on one line
    • when you edit /etc/sysconfig/apache2 modify the apache_includes to add rewrite and uncomment line dont cut and paste from tute
    • use the yast2 -i perl-HTML-Parser perl-Net-DNS perl-Digest-SHA1
    • BIG BIG NOTE USE yast -i openssl-devel-32bit otherwise ispconfig doesnt install
    im sorry if this is rehashing old stuff but it took me a while to sort this all out.
    happy new year

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes, I shortened that line in the tutorial by using [...] as a placeholder because the original line was too long (causes a problem for the print version).

3. Shema

Shema New Member

I don't want compile OpenSSL at my debian server at all. I use only apt tools.
    Is it possible to skip compile section? I'll install all software manually.

I tried comment some lines in setup2 from "cd compile_aps" till "mv -f ispconfig_tmp /root/ispconfig", but now I see error
    I greped all files in install_ispconfig, but any matches were found only in file "setup2".

4. martinfst

martinfst ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

:confused: This thread is about a Suse install and you are using Debian. Don't mix howto between distributions. It's all Linux, but the all differ .....

5. Shema

Shema New Member

Sorry for OS-offtopic, but on debian there are same problems with OpenSSL on x64.

My question is OS-independent: how to skip compile section?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  6. martinfst

martinfst ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

AFAIK ISPConfig comes with it's own versions of several software, that needs to be compiled on the system it's going to run on. You may have noticed it uses it's own apache webserver, completely independent of your distribution version. I'll have to leave the question open to the developers, but I'm pretty sure you can not skip the compile phase currently. Maybe with 3.x ?

7. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

That's right, you must compile all ISPConfig parts (also OpenSSL) from the sources.
    Don't be afraid, they don't replace any of your Debian packages. They are used for ISPConfig only.