I'm got confused!

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Quaxth, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Started to read the Manual for ISPConfig 3.1, and it looks like I've to restart with installation?! Used the perfect Server for Debian 8.4, which didn't seems to includes the changes for Debian 8.7.1, the version I used for to install. Upfront I asked for the Scripts for 8.7.1 and got answered that I've to use 8.4 (because I need Apache2), and done that.
    Reading now, seems I miss quite a bit?! But I run out of time now and have 1 week left for to get things working!
    The installation done went mainly OK, except some very few problems and I didn't installed Metronome at all.
    Now in Chapter 3.2.xxx is the 'talking' from installing Multi Server's for Web, Mail, Db and so on! Do I need to do that? I was thinking that I simply need to install a Single Server, with all different modules on it. What do I need to install extra? Please explain in details.

I simply was thinking that I could now start to configure the installed ISPConfig on Debian 8.7.1! Where do I start with the configure for a Single Server Setup?

Thanks for any advice.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's the correct tutorial for all Debian 8.x versions incl. Debian 8.7.1. Just follow it to install ISPConfig 3.1.

No. That's why I told you upfront to use the Perfect Server for Debian 8 to install your system.

Nothing. The multiserver tutorials is for multi-server setups and not for single server setups, so the multi-server setup instructions do not apply to your setup in any way.

3. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Thanks for the answer.
    Still, my question: "I simply was thinking that I could now start to configure the installed ISPConfig on Debian 8.7.1! Where do I start with the configure for a Single Server Setup?" remains!
    Thanks.

4. till

5. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

All that's done already. What I'm talking about now, isn't the installation of Debian and ISPC, it's about the configuring of ISPC for Single Server, using the Manual.
    We do have 1 static/fixed public IP from the ISP. The Nameserver we'll use those from the Registra, therefore there isn't any use of the DNS Zones AFAIK. I plan to install OwnCloud. Also, a few more WebApps may be installed! Mail Server will be used as well. There will be User's (from the company) and there will be a few Clients.
    What bothers me at the moment, is, that the customer used mainly Excel Files with quite some macros and a lot of Links, huge worksheets!
    Are there good Freeware Backup and Sync Apps for to run on Linux Server?

Thanks a lot for any more infos.

6. till

The manual does not contain any instructions to install ISPConfig on a single server as the single server instructions (Perfect server tutorials) are available for free and published at howtoforge.

So all you have to do is to follow the perfect server guide and then you are ready to start using ISPconfig.

The manual describes in detail what all the settings are for, just start reading from chapter 4.

You can use any Linux backup tool to backup your ISPConfig server, the most widely tool is probably tar. There are also some backup scripts that use tar available for ISPConfig, e.g. https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/ispconfig-3-back-res-a-backup-and-restore-script.41609/

7. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Thanks Till.
    Will take a closer look at that sites.