ImageMagick supported formats no value

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Endre Utchay, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Endre Utchay

Endre Utchay New Member

I got the below error in wordpress debug log:
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ImagickException: NoDecodeDelegateForThisImageFormat `JPEG' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/560
    I have checked phpinfo and found this:
    imagick module enabled
    imagick module version 3.4.4
    imagick classes Imagick, ImagickDraw, ImagickPixel, ImagickPixelIterator, ImagickKernel
    Imagick compiled with ImageMagick version ImageMagick 6.9.10-23 Q16 x86_64 20190101 https://imagemagick.org
    Imagick using ImageMagick library version ImageMagick 6.9.10-23 Q16 x86_64 20190101 https://imagemagick.org
    ImageMagick copyright © 1999-2019 ImageMagick Studio LLC
    ImageMagick release date 20190101
    ImageMagick number of supported formats: 0
    ImageMagick supported formats no value
    I am running Debian 10 (Buster), ISPConfig 3.2, PHP 7.4 set up using "The Perfect Server - Debian 10 (Buster) with Apache, BIND, Dovecot, PureFTPD and ISPConfig 3.1"
    I have already found that using jailkit was a very bad idea as it messed up database and timezone configurations.
    I have found this thread which helped me a lot: "PHP support for Jailkit user - Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by pawan, Dec 12, 2017."
    But now I am stuck as I do not know how to get imagick to work.
    I am worried what other hidden errors can there be on my server :(
    Please help me.
    Thank you!
    Endre

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

PHP 7.4 is not a supported version on Debian 10 (supported by ISPConfig, that is).

3. Endre Utchay

Endre Utchay New Member

Yes, I have seen you warned users about this before.
    I wanted to use PHP 7.4 as an alternative PHP version for wordpress site.
    Too bad I was very tried and frustrated after I ran into multiple problems, have fixed the ones making the wordpress site unusable and them came this one with imagemagic. I googled to find a solution and have followed some advice to reinstall imagick and imagemagick and while doing so I mistakenly upgraded Debian core PHP 7.3 to 7.4 :(
    Surprisingly everything else seems to work, but the original problem still exists.
    I do not have the spirit to start reinstalling the whole system now.

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Use
    Code:
    sudo update-alternatives --config php
    and select PHP 7.3 so that is used for the CLI again.

For your original problem, I'm not familiar with Imagick, but when searching online I found several threads about this, so you might want to read those and see if you find a solution.

Endre Utchay likes this.
  5. Endre Utchay

Endre Utchay New Member

Thank you very much for this nice and simple solution!
    :D

Th0m likes this.
  6. Endre Utchay

Endre Utchay New Member

The error was caused by the chrooted PHP process was unable to reach ImageMagick.
    Setting this in jk_init and adding "php" to Jailkit chroot app sections in ispconfig solved the problem for me:
    Code:
    [php]
    comment = default php version and libraries
    paths = /usr/bin/php, /usr/lib/php/, /usr/share/php/, /usr/share/zoneinfo/, /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ImageMagick*, /usr/share/ImageMagick*, /etc/ImageMagick*
    includesections = php_common, php7_3, php7_4, env