IMAP calendar and outlook?

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by crypted, Nov 24, 2009.

1. crypted

crypted Member

Anyone know of some open source software that would let a Calendar be on IMAP to link into Outlook? I did the Outlook to IMAP email HOWTO, was great.

I would like to put my calendar on IMAP so I can access it on all my PC's with Outlook like the email now.

Thoughts?

Any ideas?

2. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

well, that's an outlook feature and hence outlook has to support it. You don't need any other special software.

I've used it a while back with Kontact. Basically the PIM Software (Kontact, Outlook) will create additional folders on the imap/pop account into which it then stores, retrieves, updates, deletes calendar and tasks entries. All you need to have is the ability to create folder in your imap account. Everythinig else is handled by the PIM Software - at least that's how I understand on how it works.

3. crypted

crypted Member

Any idea what steps I need to take or what software I need to install then?

I have the IMAP setup from the perfect setup guide for ISPCONFIG. I moved all of my POP3 email folders to it without a problem lastnight.

Now if I could get my calendar, and even possibly the contacts, stored on there, then I could sync my entire Outlook to my other PC for traveling purposes...