imap + thunderbird + mailfiltering

Discussion in 'General' started by planet_fox, May 29, 2007.

1. planet_fox

planet_fox Member HowtoForge Supporter

How can I serside filter set for one Account

1. to filter [email protected] to order dummy.de
    2. to filter [email protected] to order dummy.com
    3 to filter **Spam** to order spam
    4 . the rest mail can go to Postorder

I have courier-imap and postfix and thunderbird.
    I know i can filter from thundebird, i want from server filtering

Best Thanks for Howtos or idee

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I think you might be able to do this with a procmail recipe. The procmail recipes are hidden files in the home directory of each mail user. You can view them by executing "ls -la" in the home directory of the user. The start file is .procmailrc, this file includes the other recipes for spam filtereing, autoresponder etc.

The procmail syntax can be a bit tricky, you might want to read a procmail tutorial first. Also be aware that procmail recipes will be overridden if you cahnge the account in the ISPConfig interface.

3. planet_fox

Ok, I search for procmail howto, when I only the mailaccounts change of the
    user isp config change the procmail.conf . When I a other account change is ok

4. planet_fox

I have found this Howto (German)

http://www.manitu.de/webhosting/support/howtos/howto.procmailrc.pdf

I become the Idee when I set in Procmail a filter for Junk mails and set this in the ispconfig procmail config have all user this filter.I musst set a order Junk or spam and fillter from mail order mail with ***Spam*** to this Order .

How can I find the central procmail generat ispconfig for all webs the procmail

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The template is in /root/ispconfig/isp/conf. If you use ISPConfig 2.2.13, you should place your customized procmail recipe in /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/customized_templates.