IMAP - Too many SPAM folders!

Discussion in 'General' started by sellotape, Dec 3, 2010.

1. sellotape

sellotape New Member

Hi there.

I am currently using AtMail rather than Squirrelmail which works perfectly.
    The only thing is that I have a load of SPAM folders...

Inbox
    Trash
    Sent
    Drafts
    Spam
    Junk
    Junk E-mail

Even when I was using RoundCube and Squirrelmail I had all these folders - it's frustrating and when I delete them in the webmail client mailbox settings they come back again.

I believe it's also causing problems for when I load up Microsoft Outlook - it tries to synchronise the folders and then crashes Outlook... Yet if I try to setup a POP3 account rather than IMAP it works fine.

As always, thank you for the time taken to read this post.

Many thanks

Ash

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig is just creating one spamolder, the others have been created by your email clients. Check the settings of your different email clients and disable that the create own spam folders.

3. sellotape

sellotape New Member

Hi there.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm still having the same issue.
    It seems that when I delete all the extra folders they always come back when I reload the webmail client.

Is there a file somewhere that is telling it to do this (create default folders).

Thanks

Ash

4. outeredge

outeredge New Member

Hi Ash,

As till said, the folders are being created by email clients (usually Outlook).

You should be able to get most mail clients to use the Spam folder rather than creating it's own, although not all will allow you to do so.

This isn't an ISPConfig issue in any case.