Important issues ... Please help...

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by scandal32, Jul 23, 2009.

1. scandal32

scandal32 New Member

Hi

I've already asked some of questions below but I'd like to get more specific anserw (thanks of course for every anserw I've already got).

I have debian lenny server with apache2, postfix, proftpd, mysql, powerdns. I've installed ISPC3 and configured my clients that uses mysql, email, ftp. There are some problem I got during testing ISPC3.

1. Some of my clients uses CMS sytems and need to upload files. Without suexec option they are unable to o that cos apache works with apache user rights instead webxx. Everything works fine with suexec. Is SuEXEC safe enough? Maby there is another way to make it works.

2. Another problem is email account management. I know there's nothing like that in ISP3 (it is in ISP2). My question is how people that use ISP3 solved that problem. The poit is simple - any e-mail user should have possibility to change / remind password, turn on "vacation" without using admin control panel.

3. Important thing is Traffic Control. Every webhosting got something like that today. As far as I konw there's nothin like that in ISP3. So my question is similar - how did any of You solve it?

I'll be very greatful for any anserw because I'd like to start using my webhosting on ISP3 that I find best software of all I checked (dtc, syspanel, gnupanel etc.)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) The purpose for suexec is to make your website safer and not the pother way round. So you shall of course use suexec.

2) Use the password cahnger plugin for roundcube.

3) Today the traffic is normally not limited anymore by hosters as almost all hosting offers include all traffic. ISPConfig 3.0.1.4 contains traffic stats per site, if you want to suspend sites based in this stats you can e.g. write a script for that.

3. scandal32

scandal32 New Member

some details...

Theanks for the anserw...

1. Where can I get such script for RoudCube?

2. About traffic.. You mean that today is NOT important for hoster if client uses 1 e-mail or 100 e-mail ... that uses lot of traffic?

4. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

@Till: Is there really no mailaccount mgmt in ispconfig3, for chaning pws or set vacations?

5. scandal32

scandal32 New Member

as far as I know .. NO! :(

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

@scandal32:

1) Take a look here: http://www.faqforge.com/linux/contr...mail-user-in-ispconfig-3-change-his-password/

2) You mix up email account limits and traffic quota. There is a limit for the number of email accounts and the storage space of course but there is no limit for the amount of traffic per email account. At least in germany webhosting companys limit email accounts only by the number of accounts and the number of storage space but not be the traffic anymore.

@ben: There is no such interface until someone will write it.