importing DNS records, NS missing

Discussion in 'General' started by hkendusers, Mar 22, 2017.

1. hkendusers

hkendusers New Member

ISPconfig version: 3.1.2

I created DNS records by ISPconfig to get the DNS zone file, and then I deleted the zone and try import function, finally the NS records in the zone are missing and error as "Writing BIND domain file failed: /var/named/pri.abc.com zone abc.com/IN: has no NS records zone abc.com/IN: not loaded due to errors.". Below is the zone file content:

Code:
    $TTL        3600
    @       IN      SOA     ns1.def.com. test.test.com. (
                            2017032201       ; serial, todays date + todays serial #
                            7200              ; refresh, seconds
                            540              ; retry, seconds
                            604800              ; expire, seconds
                            3600 )            ; minimum, seconds
    ;

abc.com. 3600      TXT        "v=spf1 mx a ~all"
    abc.com. 3600      MX    10   mail.abc.com.
    abc.com. 3600      NS        ns1.def.com.
    abc.com. 3600      NS        ns2.def.com.
    mail 3600 A        1.2.3.4
    www 3600 A        1.2.3.4
    abc.com. 3600 A        1.2.3.4

2. hkendusers

hkendusers New Member

Can anyone help?

3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

I've never used that zone import feature, sorry. If you have a recent ispconfig manual, see what it says for that section; the NS records are obviously there, so it must be getting stripped out/replaced or something.

4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Have you made a dns / full resync afterwards? I normally do that when changes are made to dns zone files manually. May be that could help?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are the ns records missing just in the zone file, or are they missing also in the list of records of that zone that you see in the ISPConfig interface?

6. hkendusers

hkendusers New Member

Thanks till,

They are missing both in zone file and also in ISPConfig interface, you may check screenshots below.
    To duplicate the problem, you can simply copy the zone file content in my first thread above, and then save it as abc.com.txt , and then import it to ISPConfig

screenshot.32.jpg screenshot.33.jpg

7. hkendusers

hkendusers New Member

Hi till,
    is the information enough? can you help?

8. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Maybe the import strips NS records for some reason? Have you tried just adding the two NS records in the ISPConfig interface and see if the zone file is then created? If you have a lot of zones that may need to be scripted (and/or the import process looked at?), but it might get you moving towards resolving the issue.

9. hkendusers

hkendusers New Member

Yes, if I add NS records in ISPConfig interface after import, the zone is created.
    Never mind, in fact i thought submitting problem here can help ISPConfig better.

10. Rafael Prado

Rafael Prado New Member

One year later and same happens exactly you describe.
    Using the version 3.1.11! At the bug tracker, dont see any update for this problem...
    Can you confirm what happens @till ?

Regards.

Last edited: May 24, 2018