Incoming and outgoing mail

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by LorenzoD, Apr 29, 2022.

1. LorenzoD

LorenzoD New Member

Hi

I have a mailserver configured with some domains that does the mx and smtp for my clients
    I want to create different postfix configuration for these two roles (for example I want to add a geoip filter for my clients and not for the mx incoming connection, obviously)
    Is there any best pratics to do with ISPConfig. Im'm evaluating postmulti, but what about an ISPConfig upgrade/resync ?
    Any sugestions?

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is a conf-custom override template to use for postfix customisations (I don't recall the exact name, will try to update later), put your changed there to avoid ispconfig updates overwriting then.

3. LorenzoD

LorenzoD New Member

I have found just a plugin (postfix_server_plugin.inc.php), no conf/conf-custom

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The file to create is /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/postfix_custom.conf.master, which will be used when you reconfigure services eg. during an ispconfig update (so you also need to change your current postfix config in /etc/postfix/main.cf).

LorenzoD likes this.
  5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

6. LorenzoD

LorenzoD New Member

Thanks to both of you
    Now I have a postmulti with a second instance "postfix-out" for my clients and the first one configured from ISPConfig for the MX incoming messages