Incorrectly built binary wich accesses errno or h_errno directly

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by zarkann, Sep 30, 2005.

1. zarkann

zarkann New Member

OK, i have this problem when i start ISPConfig
    i searched everywhere on the forum and couldnt find anything, also i found something on google that it can might be a sendmail, qmail or postfix, but i dont have any mail server on this system... i have sendmail but it's disabled.

someone have any clue ?

everythings working fine... my web server is fine, wins and samba too.

EDIT:

i went into the rc.d/init.d and restarted the 2 daemon

Last edited: Sep 30, 2005
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I guess you're using vsftpd as ftp server. If the installer detects vsftpd it installs the ispconfig_tcpserver which makes it possible that vsftpd can have one anonymous ftp per IP address (otherwise it would only have one anonymous ftp at all).
    ispconfig_tcpserver doesn't come as source code, it's already compiled, but this compiled binary isn't compatible with some newer distributions. That's why we recommend the use of proftpd instead of vsftpd. proftpd doesn't need the ispconfig_tcpserver.

Which distribution do you use? Did you follow any of the tutorials on HowtoForge for setting up your server?

3. zarkann

zarkann New Member

Hi Falko,

I see, yes of course i was using vsftp, but since i installed proftp on my other Fedora 3 it work great and is alots better.

I have used your easy guide for fedora 3 to install ISPConfig, it was pretty easy (if i forgot about my few mistype that i did).

Do you recommend to uninstall ISPConfig and VSFtp first, install proftp and then reinstall ISPConfig ?

Anyway, i have a little problems on few of my virtual website... i have some MYSql errors like that "; } mysql_free_result($result); ?>" and it looks like my CGI doesnt work... but the rest seems to work good.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, that's a good idea.
    Maybe a PHP syntax error in your PHP script?
    Did you use the test files (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171) I provided?

5. zarkann

zarkann New Member

Yeah, it look like that...but it was working very good before i installed ISPConfig and requirements... I have uninstalled ISPConfig and restored my vsftp to see if it wirk. the FTP server was working but not some of my PHP scripts.

i have a website that the index have php codes and the name of the file is index.php . it will be read on the website but my counter is not working , as well as my sql database.

i typed this command in command line

php index.php

i saw all my html text and i saw that:

Code:
     <font color =black size = 1 face = Verdana>PHP Warning:  fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/miguel/public_html/counter.php on line 65
    PHP Warning:  fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/miguel/public_html/counter.php on line 82
    PHP Warning:  fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/miguel/public_html/counter.php on line 93
    PHP Warning:  fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/miguel/public_html/counter.php on line 108
    245 visitors since August 1st 2005 !<br /> This page has been visited 567 times !               <br>  
    it was working before thats for sure and i did not changed anything on this website since few days. In local mode with the PHP command line it work perfectly...my MySql database work and my php work... :confused:

i still have all my etc backed up before the first time i have installed ISPConfig. Do you know wich conf file i can restore to get my php working again ?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
  6. zarkann

zarkann New Member

Ok thats odd lol I swear it was working nice before :eek:

so, this is the update...

I restored my old httpd.conf backup

my php wasnt working...

i edited apache conf file and added
    restarted apache

and it work... :D

the question there is how that line was removed on my backup file. and i tell you, i'm 100% sure that my database was working last thursday.

Anyway, i'm glad that it work now.