increase in memory requirement for running clam

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pannet1, Jul 16, 2023.

1. pannet1

pannet1 Member

How are you kind people ? Seems of late, clamav needs nearly 1GB of memory to run smoothly. problem my entire server VPS has only 1GB of memory. Is my newly gained internet knowledge correct. Please see the ordeal.

Also very recently my email server stops delivering mails every 1-3 days. This is so much pain, as you can understand. Actually for years i have forgotten about my server and ISPConfig is always running smooth like a butter. Thinking of installing a fresh ISPConfig on a new VPS with 2GB of ram or go to a shared hosting. What is your suggestion.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It's recommended for years to have 2GB or more RAM for a system that runs mail and web services. Check if you have have a swap partition, and if not, add a swap file of 2 - 4 GB to allow the kernel to put memory that is not used frequently into swap.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. pannet1

pannet1 Member

i converted the disk swap partition to usable ext4 partition for later use. created a 2GB fileswap and the system is back up.
    as an after thought, i added a nodejs application to work on apache proxy few days ago. could be that have triggered the sudden rise in demand for memory.
    thank you so much till.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2023