index file

Discussion in 'General' started by jacksmerv, Dec 22, 2010.

1. jacksmerv

jacksmerv New Member

hi,
    I am new to linux and ISPconfig3.i have created web site and ftp for that site. I want to upload files and make them work. But even after uploding files. It show the default web page"It work !". How to direct the directory for my website or domain ? Please help. Thanks.

Sam.

2. jacksmerv

jacksmerv New Member

Hi,
    Anybody there to give me a solution. It seems like vhosts problem.
    1) FTP directory = /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web
    2) PHP open_basedir = /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web:/var/www/clients/client1/web1/tmp:/var/www/ex.com/web:/srv/www/ex.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin

But it is taking the path /var/www . how to set this path automatically to each website ? Please help. Thanks.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Make sure that you eleted the default index.html file in the web directory.

4. jacksmerv

jacksmerv New Member

Thanks Till,
    Now after deleting it shows this. please guide me

Index of /
    Name Last modified Size Description

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

apps/ 20-Dec-2010 18:53 -
    conf/ 21-Dec-2010 11:22 -
    info.php 22-Dec-2010 13:17 20
    ispconfig/ 20-Dec-2010 18:53 -
    webalizer/ 20-Dec-2010 18:36 -
    webmail/ 25-Jan-2010 08:17 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The ls output is not from a ispconfig web directory, looks a sif you posted the output of the /var/www dirctory which may not contain any website files directly on a ispconfig server.. Please ensure that you oploaded the files to the web directory of the website that you created and that you access this website with its domain name.

6. jacksmerv

jacksmerv New Member

Dear Till,
    I have created website ISPconfig panel and i have attached the screen print for your reference. It has the directories for the web sites, I have only followed the how to "perfect server for ubuntu 10.10. My web mail is working fine. but i don't know why this directory path is complicated. please help me to sort out this issues.
    thanks.

Attached Files:

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

When you created your sites in ISPConfig, did you select a specific IP address or * in the IP address field?

8. jacksmerv

jacksmerv New Member

i have selected the specific IP address only

9. falko

Can you post the Apache vhost configuration of your web site? What's the output of
    Code:
    ifconfig
    ?

10. adam_clayton

adam_clayton New Member

i've got the same problem.
    Clean instalation from manual without any warnings and errors. I created user, add domain, ftp user and mail account, then add webpages.

mail working ok, email incoming ant outcomming but web sites and ftp not

when i trying http://www.ognie.net it's listed /var/www directory

have you got any tips?

11. falko

When I try your site, I get ISPConfig's placeholder page, so it seems to be working. Just remove the placeholder page (index.html) and upload your content.