Initial test of stable branch

Discussion in 'General' started by pat, Jan 12, 2009.

1. pat

pat New Member

Hi, I just tried the stable ISPConfig 2.2.29 for the first time and have a couple of questions.

1) Is the "Deutchland" in "Country" when I create a new new reseller hardcoded or can I get rid of it/change it?

2) Is there a good reason I have to fill out "First Name" and "Surname" when creating a Reseller/Client even though I specify "Company" as salutation?

3) The notification about not having filled out "First Name" or "Surname" does not seem to be localized (acutally just not the fieldname so it is a bit of a mixture).

Cheers,
    Pat

2. pat

pat New Member

Another one

Is there a "clean" way to change dbname/dbusername creation rules? I would prefer if they where created from a template using [HOST] rather than [WEBID]. Perhaps combined with a regex to replace dots with underscores if MySQL still doesn't accept usernames with dots in them.

If there is no way to do this by configuration, would I be breaking stuff (like database deletion or whatever) if I found the code that creates the names and altered it myself?

Cheers,
    pat

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I think it is in the form editor (under Management). You can change the value there, but you might break things, so make a database backup before!

I think it's quite common to have a contact person within a company, that's why the fields are there.

I've added this to our bugtracker.

No, db names and db usernames are hardcoded.

You'd lose the ability to easily upgrade ISPConfig as you'd have to change that code again after the upgrade.

4. pat

pat New Member

As you might have seen already, I submitted a patch under suggestions (sorry if it was an inapropriate place) that changes the database naming to my liking. If there are more users that could find use for this naming scheme, perhaps the patch could be applied with some extra code to make it a configurable option?

Cheers,
    pat

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009