Install broken; upgrade failing

Discussion in 'General' started by filch, Jun 11, 2010.

1. filch

filch New Member

Hi, I did a search for this but came up with nothing. I have version 3.0.0.9 installed. A few days ago, the login stopped working. The log in page is OK but when I enter my user/pass, it goes to what really is a slightly broken looking web page and does not log me in. So, I thought I would try to update the install. When I try this, ( from the bash script) i get the following error:

mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'show fields from `attempts_login`': Got error 28 from storage engine (1030)
    Possible problem with dumping the database. We will stop here. Please check the file existing_db.sql

I cannot seem to find this file. Any idea what might be going on here and how I can repair my installation? I do not know what happened to the server as I was not doing any work on it but we did have a power/UPS failure a while back?

Dave

2. filch

filch New Member

Turns out my drive was almost full due to backup files being written to it. That is what this error meant, in case anyone else runs into this. Moved some stuff around and the update went fine. Just wondering how to add a remote server to this now ???

Dave