install chronic problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by enoonsneked, Apr 14, 2024.

1. enoonsneked

enoonsneked New Member

I just felt compelled to say I have tried several times to install ispconfig because I like the features it offers but each time to no avail and never having tried the super simple super easy automated perfect server install script well ya I think my server is a mess and have to reinstall it thaunkfully it was a fresh install but just wanted to say thanks and no thanks for the last time I am just going to invest in CPANEL I know that works sorry but yeah

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I ran several ISPConfig installs today using the auto-installer, and all systems worked perfectly out of the box. So there is neither an issue with the auto-installer nor ISPConfig here when started on a clean and empty Debian or Ubuntu system. ISPConfig is used on several hundred thousand servers worldwide; this wouldn't be the case if it would not be stable and could not be easily installed.

Which exact error do you get? Which OS was used, and which exact auto-installer command-line options? and which CPU does your server use (as the auto-installer is for X86_64 (Intel/AMD) CPUs only and not for ARM systems like raspi. See prerequisite section here https://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig-autoinstall-debian-ubuntu/ ).

My guess is you did not start with a clean and empty system as listed in the requirements or not using a X86_64 CPU. But let's find this out.

Btw, other panels like CPanel or Plesk do not work as well if the base system you install them on is unclean from the start or your server does not match their system requirements. So switching to another panel will not solve your issue of using an unclean or not fully working base system.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024