./install doesn't create database

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by benjami, Nov 25, 2005.

1. benjami

benjami New Member

For some reason the 2 installations --in Debian 3.1-- doesn't created the ISPConfig database.

In the second installation I've created the database manually, but after the installation the database was empty.

I've seen the user (root) and password correct in the configuration file (/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/config.inc.php). :confused:

I've located the db_ispconfig.sql file in the tarball (ISPConfig-2.1.1.tar.gz). I've manually filled up the database:

$ mysql -u root -p ipcdb < db_ispconfig.sql
    Enter password:

Seems that ISP Config works, but is possible that come up some problem because the ./install process can't filled up the database?

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Dont create the database manually! The installer will fail.

If you filled the database in manually, ISPConfig wont work because all the system specific settings are missing.

You will have to uninstall ISPConfig and run the installer again. Have a look in the ispconfig_install.log in the directory /var/log if there are any errors.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

4. benjami

benjami New Member

Thanks, till and falco!

The /var/log/ispconfig_install.log is very useful.

The first error is due to «Line 1037: WARNING: could not read in db_ispconfig.sql». Then I've manually created the database. The second error: «db ipcf already exists!», and my manual dump that have problems --can't change the IP and server name with ISPConfig web.

The last installation after your recommendations is correct, thanks :)

(PS: about this thread title: is ./setup, not ./install! %-)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005