Install Roundcube after installing ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Azraelo, May 12, 2023.

1. Azraelo

Azraelo New Member

Hello,
    I have an installation running on Debian 11 with ISPConfig 3.2.8p1.
    During the initial installation I didn't need roundcube and thus I omitted its installation.
    Now I want to install Roundcube into the existing setup and properly connect it with ISPConfig.
    Unfortunately the most "up to date" guide I have found is for Debian 8 ( https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/roundcube-installation-on-debian-8-jessie/ )
    Are there any more up to date guides or can you give me hints how I should proceed with the installation?

Regards
    Azraelo

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. Azraelo

Azraelo New Member

Thanks, worked like a charm.
    I only had to add this additional config into my apache configuration to allow access to the round cube main directory:
    Code:
    <Directory /var/lib/roundcube/>
            Require all granted
    </Directory>

ahrasis likes this.
  4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Not sure if that addition is needed, since roundcube.conf is already added and enabled.

5. Azraelo

Azraelo New Member

It was needed, at least in my case. Without this addition I always got an error message and this was the corresponding error log line:
    [authz_core:error] .............. AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /var/lib/roundcube
    After adding the additional config above, it worked just fine.

ahrasis likes this.
  6. Alter Ego

Alter Ego New Member

This directive:
    <Directory /var/lib/roundcube/>
    Require all granted
    </Directory>
    For permanent configuration I added the Directory Directive to this Roundcube file.
    /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/roundcube.conf