Installation errors

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Rune, May 15, 2009.

1. Rune

Rune New Member

Followed the tutorial on this page: http://howtoforge.org/perfect-server-debian-lenny-ispconfig3-p5

No errors on the debian stuff, though I did have to run make twice when installing MyDns

When I try intalling IspConfig I get these errors:

/
    Code:
    tmp/ispconfig3_install/install# php -q install.php

>> Initial configuration

Notice: Undefined variable: distver in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135

Notice: Undefined variable: distid in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135

Notice: Undefined variable: distbaseid in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
    Linux Distribution or Version not recognized.godzooky:/tmp/ispconfig3_install/install#    

Any ideas what I need to do to fix this? Some kind of edit to install.lib.php or a missing package perhaps?

2. tio289

tio289 Member

I had this problem too.

I changed the part that finds the Debian version in lib/install.lib.php, line 73, into

if(trim(file_get_contents('/etc/debian_version')) == '5.0.1' || trim(file_get_contents('/etc/debian_version')) == 'lenny/sid') {

That solved my problem.

3. Rune

Rune New Member

That worked and let me install it ... cheers for that mate :)

I have a new problem now though, let me login with the default user/password and as expected advised me to change the admin password, which I did

I also created another admin user at the same time, then I logged out

Now I can't log in as either 'admin' with both the new and old password, nor can I log in as the second username I created

Anyone able to help me with that?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Looks as if you entered a wrong password or set wrong permissions for the admin user. You should not change the admin user, just change its password. You can try to fix this in the sys_user database table by comparing your user with the one from the sql dump that is in the ispconfig installer.

5. Rune

Rune New Member

I didn't change the admin user mate, just changed the admin user's password

That shouldn't really have locked me out of the admin account

When I added the second user, I could understand being locked out of that one if I set permissions incorrectly, but again creating a second user with bad options shouldn't have locked me out of the admin account

If I could get into the admin account I could check out the settings for the new user, but the admin account doesn't accept either the old or the new password

I'm wondering if the simplest solution wouldn't be to just delete the databases and run the ispconfig installer again, though I will have a look what I can see in the databases when I've a bit more time later today

6. madmac007

madmac007 New Member

Centos 5.3

Same deal here,
    Notice: Undefined variable: distver in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135

Notice: Undefined variable: distid in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135

Notice: Undefined variable: distbaseid in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135

******when installing on Cenos 5.2 updated to 5.3******

I modified the line 122, in the same file (/tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php )to

if(stristr($content,'CentOS release 5.3 (Final)')) {

Then the install continued.

Thanks

madmac

7. Rune

Rune New Member

Perhaps the packages in a mirror or two could do with an update to match the latest releases of some distributions

Been too long a day for me to try fixing my login problem now, started fairly early this morning, finished work and dived straight in the bath, got out and logged into this forum ... it's 1.17 am

Luckily my name isn't Jack ... or I'd be an extremely dull boy! ;)

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

First, if nobody claims that centos 5.3 is supported by the current stable release, why do you complain that its not suppoerted in the version that you used? Second, there is already a beta version that supports centos 5.3, so if you want to use a linux distribution that is not supported in the last stable relaese, then you can use the beta release.

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34555

9. Rune

Rune New Member

Fixed that by doing as I said and deleting the databases then re-creating them using the ispconfig install script

Did exactly the same as last time to change the admin password and create a second admin user (At least I don't recall doing anything differently)

Worked fine this time and the second user I created does seem to have full admin privs, once I check into that a bit further and I'm sure my new user can do everything I'll disable the original admin user

Just need to figure out how to use the thing now ...