Installation Freeze

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Jubalint, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Jubalint

Jubalint New Member

I've attempted to install ISPConfig a number of times on a clean Debian 4.0 system with only your Perfect Debian Etch setup used to configure it.

However, while compiling it gets to the following and then the computer stops responding and freezes:
    Code:
    gcc -I.. -I../.. -I../../include -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_PART_WORDS -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DSHA1_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DRMD160_ASM -DAES_ASM   -c -  o a_digest.o a_digest.c

It freezes on this one every time, and I'm forced to have the machine rebooted. What am I doing wrong that is making it freeze?

I've previously installed ISPConfig successfully on the exact some machine when it had Debian Sarge.

After some problems unrelated to ISPConfig I decided to go ahead and just reload the computer with Etch.

Computer Stats:
    Debian 4.0 (i386 version)
    AMD 64 3000+
    1 GB RAM
    80 GB HD

Thanks for your help.

UPDATE: Well I tried installing the an earlier version of ISPConfig to see if that would help. I tried version 2.2.12. That got farther, but got stuck on one of the "Checking for...". I'm thinking now there are issues with the system that are causing it to freeze up (maybe when it's using a lot of processing power?), and not actually ISPConfig's fault. Very strange behavior. It's just a vanilla Deb Etch install with the perfect setup guide followed to the dot. Not really sure why it's doing this, so I might just keep restarting and trying to get ISPConfig to install.... :/.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, it looks like a hardware problem for me too. Have you rum memtest on your server to test the hardware? Memtest can be started from the first CD of most linux distributions from within the boot loader menu.