Installation of new accounts

Discussion in 'General' started by rykoala, Apr 20, 2006.

1. rykoala

rykoala New Member

Please pardon me if this is a very stupid question. I am well versed in using cPanel and Plesk (unfortunately) but have a keen eye on ISPConfig. I installed it on an FC5 box, following the howto that is posted on how to do this. Its installed and running, but I am a bit confused. It doesn't work the way I'm used to and I think I'm just missing something.

I've installed a client, and added a site to the client. The problem is, I cannot figure out for the life of me how to assign an FTP username/password to the account!

If someone has a quick howto or faq on installing new accounts, I'd really appreciate it. I really like what I see in ISPConfig so far!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check the "FTP" option in the website settings. Then you will be able to login with the username and password of the users you entered on the "usr & email" tab of this website.

The user where you chceked the "administrator" checkbox has the FTP access to your website root directory.

3. rykoala

rykoala New Member

Thanks for the guidance. I had actually tried that and managed to make it work. The only problem was that it created two directories:
    /home/www/web10
    and
    /home/www/www.domain.com

and it looks like the web10 was the root directory for www.domain.com. Is there any way to make /home/www/www.domain.com the root directory for the website instead?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This are not two directories.

/home/www/web10 is a directory
    /home/www/www.domain.com is a symlink to /home/www/web10

5. rykoala

rykoala New Member

Silly me! Of course it is. I was pretty tired last night when I wrote, I looked right past that. I had even done ls -la and didn't notice it. Need more coffee I suppose.....