Installation problem: PHP problem?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by hgoor, Aug 21, 2005.

1. hgoor

hgoor New Member

I followed this http://www.falkotimme.com/howtos/perfect_setup_suse9_3/ setup thinghy to the letter, but I still ran into a problem installing ISPconfig.

It runs all the way but its stops with this message:

checking lex output file root... ./configure: line 2422: lex: command not found
    configure: error: cannot find output from lex; giving up
    ERROR: Could not configure PHP

What is going wrong and how do I fix it?

Especially since I did a clean install of SUSE following that perfect setup tutorial...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The program "lex" is missing to compile PHP. Install lex from your SuSE 9.3 installation media to fix this.

3. hgoor

hgoor New Member

Ah! Thanks for the tip. So I guess when you follow the install instructions from that website it's not complete? Obviously when you do a out-of-the box install of suse like the page tells you to do, SuSE does not default install this Lex?

I will let you know if this fixes the problem!

Thanks again!

4. hgoor

hgoor New Member

Uhm, I have a small problem: when I search the packages from within yast, there is no program 'lex'

What is the full name if any? :confused:

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The name is flex, and in the tutorial there's this line:
    Code:
    apt-get install findutils ncftp readline libgcc glibc-devel findutils-locate gcc flex lynx
    :D

6. hgoor

hgoor New Member

OMG :eek: I now see what I did wrong! I just reviewed my history and see that I did copy & paste the whole line into konsole but missed the X in flex! That's why it wasn't installed :mad:

I'll let you know if this works!

ps: wouldn't it be possible to to write some script that does the whole thingy you describe in your otherwise perfect how-to?

PPS: I copy & pasted that line into a root konsole, and now I got this message:

*** WARNING ***
    Found /etc/postfix/main.cf.SuSEconfig, exiting...
    *** WARNING ***

do I need to worry about that? It did seem to have finished the rest though...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  7. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

No, nothing to worry about. :)

8. hgoor

hgoor New Member

Hey tanks m8! I got it up and running :D

I still have a lot to learn here I see. I better print & read the manuals!