Installation problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Gimly, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Gimly

Gimly Member

Hi All,

I want to install ispconfig on 3 server with this configuration :

- server 1 : apache + php + ispconfig + ftp + dns 1 (91.121.39.87)
    - server 2 : mysql (91.121.39.88)
    - server 3 : postfix, smtp, dns 2, etc... (91.121.39.89)

but when I want to install ispconfig on server 1, I've this error :

but I've commented on my.cnf this option :

I don't understand why the installation is reject by mysql.

If you have an idea ?

Thank you for your answers :)

PS : I use virtual machines with openvz and proxmox for information ;)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

First, make sure that mysql is installed on each of the 3 server. This is a prerequisite for ispconfig. Even if you want to use one server later for the website databases only.

Then make sure that the root user is able to connect from the slave servers to the master database, commenting out the bind-address line is one nescessary step, the other one is that you have to add a root user account which is able to connect from everywere to the master database.

3. Gimly

Gimly Member

Ok thanks till I will test it :)

4. Gimly

Gimly Member

Hmmm, I don't understand how can I add new server, I launch ispconfig install on third party server in expert mode, I add information and then the script stop with no message (error or great install) :

it's ok or not ?

I think a tutorial about multi-server installation will not be luxury to help all ISPConfig users ... ^^

If you have answers ?

5. till

You entered the wrong mysql server name. The name of the local mysql server is localhost, you will be asked for the external server in a later step of the installer.

6. Gimly

Gimly Member

aaaaah ok, sorry xD. Last question, I must install all service (apache, mail, etc ...) on all server and then on ISPConfig I select what I want or not ? Because, when I just install mail on third server, or just sql on second, I've the same problem :

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  7. Gimly

Gimly Member

Any idea, please ?

--edit : What is the prerequisite debian package on third party server to use ispconfig slave system ?

For example, I just use this package for my mail server, with no other .deb :

and for execute install :

---

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  8. till

Install all packages that you find in the relevant sections of the perfect setup tutorials plus the php-cli packages and the php modules from the tutorial.

9. Gimly

Gimly Member

Now it work. Thanks a lot Till :). The topic is solved