Installed 2.2.5 but lost content in ISPconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by comedit, Jul 24, 2006.

1. comedit

comedit New Member

I was installing 2.2.5 over my 2.2.3 Ispconfig installation and just typing my passphrase.

I made a typo at the verification of this passphrase and I asumed that if i just gave an enter, the install script would ask me to retype the the original and verification one again.

Instead it aborted the installscript and gave an error.

I thought not to worry and started reinstalling 2.2.5 but found out that at the end of the script It was installing a brand new installation whitout keeping my data.

My sites still work (which is good) but I can't handle/administer these sites through ISPconfig anymore.

It there a apossibility to incorperate the "I assume lost" data again ? in the 2.2.5 installation ?

Thanks in advance for any bright ideas.

And yes : How could I be so stupid not to make a backup of my data before doing the install !!!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please check in /tmp if there's a backup of /root/ispconfig, /home/admispconfig, and (most important!) the ISPConfig database (the file name is something like existing_db...sql).

3. comedit

comedit New Member

Thanks Falko: Yes they are all there

They date from 24-05-06 but that's better then nothing.

I will first try to find in the forums/manuals how to get this info back online again before asking any further questions.

Thanks for helping me with this sofar

4. falko

Remove /root/ispconfig and /home/admispconfig. Then untar both tar.gz files and move the files back in place. Restore your ISPConfig database from the sql dump like this: http://www.howtoforge.com/faq/6_4_en.html

5. comedit

comedit New Member

Stuck at SQL: #1062 - Duplicate entry '2' for key 1

gettind smarter by the minute I have decided to set up a second server and then install rsync to avoid problems as mentioned above:

So i did the perfect setup debian 3.1, installed 2.2.5
    (allthough the manual is great, you feel a big relief and satisfaction when its working).

I have replace the /root/ispconfig and /home/admispconfig on the new server and then tried the sql dump (first on commandline then PHPadmin:

This is what I don't understand what is wrong here ?

SQL-query:

INSERT INTO `dns_a` ( `doc_id` , `doctype_id` , `host` , `ip_adresse` )
    VALUES ( 2, 1018, 'kigaro', '81.58.147.208' )

MySQL retourneerde: Documentatie
    #1062 - Duplicate entry '2' for key 1

:confused:

Since it says duplicate entry I deleted the second one is this list 3,1018,'www','81.58.147.208' .

But that's just trial and error and basically not right

Any suggestions ?

6. falko

Empty the existing tables before you insert anything.

7. comedit

comedit New Member

That worked but now I can't login anymore

Thanks again falko;

That worked, all info is in the tables:

But now I can't login anymore: both the old pasword an the new one don't work for admin.

I made a copy of the database before emptying it.

Is there a way around this issue ?

Thanks in advance

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check that the username and password in the ispconfig config.inc.php file are correct for your mysql database.

9. comedit

comedit New Member

Solved

There was no problem getting in to mysql but in to ispconfig itself.

Somehow the password was not working allthough it was identical in the database as where it was copied from.

I have solved it now by copying the code of the password of another user to the admin account in the sys_user table.

It worked, i can log in again and the I have go some of my information back.

Thanks guys for the help and the ofcourse the software itself

PS
    I might need to at that this password was identical that I used in the passed for admin

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006