installed DEV release, want to install stable...

Discussion in 'General' started by gjcomputer, Jul 7, 2006.

1. gjcomputer

gjcomputer ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

do i have to start over? or where should i start, i dont really wanna reload linux on my server but i dont mind losing the site info, im using the dapper perfect setup. thanks in advance

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not downgrade without loosing the site and email information in ISPConfig.

3. gjcomputer

i dont mind losing everything, but i tried it last night, and when i went to create the new user (in ispconfig ie web1_admin) on the downgraded server, ispconfig said the user already existed, i looked on the server for users and all the ispconfig users (web1_admin, web2_admin) were all on the list, even after i uninstalled ispconfig dev. so i reinstalled linux completly, and dont want to have to reinstall again after trying dev again. im gonna go with stable this time and stick with that (on production server)

4. fobicodam

fobicodam ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Did you install a dev version on your production server? :eek: facinating..

5. gjcomputer

kinda, its a production server, but im only hosting personal, and friends sites. they pay me nothing so if it goes down, they have no say :)

and i like to take risks :eek:

6. gjcomputer

got everything working, uninstall script went well and all users were removed, stable is now up and running thanks :)