Installed Let's Encrypt with ISPConfig 3.1 - Everything is down.

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by OwnYourOwn, Oct 22, 2016.

1. OwnYourOwn

OwnYourOwn Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,

I installed Let’s Encrypt per the 3.1 manual. I upgraded to 3.1 – Everything was fine.

I then was trying to get let’s encrypt ssl working on some sites – got it working then was trying on a site that already had ssl and the control panel crashed, all sites went down, cannot get the control panel back up or any of the 32 sites (“This site can’t be reached - website.com refused to connect.”)

I rebooted the server – didn’t work. Because I was still able to FTP to any site and send/receive email, I know ISPConfig database is working.

I had backups for /usr/local/ispconfig - /etc directory and SQL database so I restored the old ISPconfig.

Reboot the server - It did not work, still can’t get any site or ISPconfig panel.

I feel it might have something to do with Let’s Encrypt – not sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

2. elmacus

elmacus Active Member

That is bug i have reported to Till. Not yet in bugtracker i think.
    Remove the site with letsencrypt vhost from /etc/apache2/sites-enabled manually and try to start apache again.
    And never again use Letsencrypt in an SSL site. It should not be possible in gui.

3. chico11mbit

chico11mbit Member

yep, i ran into the same thread last week... but letsencrypt is working fine here after killing the site...

4. OwnYourOwn

OwnYourOwn Member HowtoForge Supporter

Because I had restored back too 3.0.5.4p9 I didn't think that would be the problem but, sure enough, it was. I killed the site and every site came back. Thanks so very much!
    I ran:
    ~# apache2ctl configtest
    AH00526: Syntax error on line 124 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/900-wwwsite.com.vhost:
    SSLCertificateFile: file '/var/www/clients/client1/web2/ssl/wwwsite.com.crt' does not exist or is empty
    Action 'configtest' failed.
    I now get the following - don't know if it is important?
    ~# apache2ctl configtest
    AH00548: NameVirtualHost has no effect and will be removed in the next release /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-ispconfig.conf:61
    Syntax OK
    Thanks again