Installing ISPConfig on Fedora 15_64 server

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by janance, Oct 23, 2011.

1. janance

janance New Member

I used this how to: The Perfect Server - Fedora 15 x86_64 [ISPConfig 2] to install Fedora 15. The last instructions stated now I need to install ISPConfig 2 but there were no instructions. I am a NEWBIE wanting to learn to use UNIX.

My server is pretty much set up but now I want to know how to download ISPConfig 2 to my server, where to download it to and how to install it. I can log in under ROOT but am lost after that!

Any help is appreciated!!!!

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. janance

janance New Member

Yup

Thanks for the heads up; I have read those instructions. My issue is I am new to using UNIX command lines. I am going to learn it the old fashion way, OJT(on the job training). My issue is I used the wget command while logged in under the root username. I am just not sure where I downloaded it. I am trying to find it so I can install it.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I admit it's hard to download from SourceForge sometimes because it's no direct download.
    Try
    Code:
    wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ispconfig/ISPConfig%202/ISPConfig-2.2.40/ISPConfig-2.2.40.tar.gz
    If that doesn't work, you can download ISPConfig to your local computer first and upload it to your server with WinSCP.

5. janance

janance New Member

Done

I figured it out but I do appreciate the help a couple of guys offered.