Installing Maia Mailguard On Fedora 13 with ISPConfig 3x

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by robertlouwen, Jul 12, 2010.

1. robertlouwen

robertlouwen New Member

I would like a tut. for Maia Mailguard on Fedora 13 with ispconfig3x. Because the tut. for Debian gives problems at #6
    Code:
    aptitude install libcrypt-blowfish-perl libcrypt-cbc-perl libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl libmail-dkim-perl libmail-spf-query-perl libnet-cidr-lite-perl libtemplate-perl libtext-csv-perl
    Fedora does not know (some of) these packages
    Code:
    perl -MCPAN -e shell
    Fedora gives an error about -MCPAN

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As far as I know, maja mailguard will conflict with ispconfig 3 amavisd configuration. So I wont install it on a ispconfig 3 server.

The debian tutorial you refer to are for non ispconfig email servers.

3. robertlouwen

robertlouwen New Member

Hello Till,

At this moment I am playing with Debian 5.0.5 with ispconfig 3.0.2.2 because there are tut's for features I like for Debian and not for Fedora.
    I followed the tut. maia mailguard for Debian and adjusted some file and dir permission / locations:
    Location /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/maia
    Permissions: 777

I know it is not safe this way but it seems to work for [email protected] and also for [email protected]

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Maja Mialguard uses a different and conflicting database for amavisd then ispconfig. So if you use maja mailguard, you will loose the configuration options for mailboxes in ispconfig as everything you set in ispconfig will ahve no influence on the mailboxes anymore.

5. robertlouwen

robertlouwen New Member

Hello Till,

As soon as v3.0.3 is available I will go back to Fedora 13.

In opposite of Debian, Fedora is more up to date with Apache, Mysql and PHP but lacks some features that Debian has

Have a nice evening