Installing SugarCRM OpenSource Help

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by ego, Sep 6, 2007.

1. ego

ego New Member

hello,

when attempting to install mysql server and client on a base debian 4.0 install I am getting the following error:

Package mysql-server is not available, but is refered to by another package. Theis may mean the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source
    E: Package mysql-server has no installation canidate.

I checked the sources.list, I am not sure if I need to add another source or what to do.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

Could you post the content of your sources.list here?

3. ego

ego New Member

yes, I will post it later this afternoon or this evening when I get some free time.

It is the default list though, two entries for the cdrom which are commented out and the two default debian addresses.

THanks for your reply.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Have you tried
    Code:
    apt-get update
    ?

5. ego

ego New Member

I tried that Falko. The only thing in the sources.list file was the default package servers. I added the two servers you added in your Perfect Desktop for Ubuntu and ran apt-get update and was then able to intall mysql-server and mysql-client.

I would think these packages would be in Ubuntu's default repository?

Anyways I got it fixed, thanks for everyone's replies.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You should run apt-get update from time to time, because the packages in the repositories get updated from time to time and then don't match the ones in your local apt database anymore. I think this was the problem here.