installing

Discussion in 'Desktop Operation' started by rodney, Jun 21, 2006.

1. rodney

rodney New Member

ive just got the linux 10.1

now i want to put some disc in ie music also music from my outside hardrive ,

what programs i use to install form disc because ive tried yast it dont work ive put music in banshee yet when i go to realplayer i cant get the music there to play it says i need a plug in which i found and it wont install it and banshee wont play any of my music its in there just cant play ,
    so is there a install programe which is easey for us none mineded computer people ,
    i have disc with programs on ie picture it and my cam install disc and nothing will install i have tried many things even found the install programe but it wont do it something about catologe what is that im realy lost on this system
    and idears
    thanks rodney

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no such operating system like linux 10.1, I guess you mean the Linux distribution OpenSuSE 10.1?

Did you install KDE or GNOME as deasktop?

3. domino

domino New Member

From what i know, non-free media codec aren't installed by default on any Linux distro. For SuSE 10.x, the installation media they sell includes all media codecs since they have to pay for MP3, mpeg codec licensing. I'm not for sure if a how-to is available in the howtoforge, but they are availalbe on the net.

4. dishawjp

dishawjp New Member